The safety and security of all of our visitors are our top priorities. With the recent tragic events in the UK, we are continually reviewing our security procedures at the Castle. We work very closely with Dyfed Powys Police, and our local partners to ensure that there is a coordinated and appropriate level of security in place for each and every event. If you are coming to the Castle, please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pass through our enhanced security checks. Our security and stewarding teams are there for your safety. Please cooperate fully with all security personnel.
Our bag policy
Due to the current unprecedented security situation, it is better for everyone if you do not bring a bag at all. With the exception of the picnic event to be held on Sunday 17 June we will not permit large bags into the castle but you will be permitted to take small bags and handbags in with you. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm or standard handbags. There are no bag storage facilities available at the castle – please plan ahead if you intend travelling to Pembroke with a large bag.
In keeping with other places of entertainment and our existing terms and conditions there are a number of items that are prohibited.
- On Friday 15 June and Saturday 16 June the following items are prohibited: Any form of weapon, firework, illegal substances, glass bottles, cans or other form of sealed container, food and drink, (with the exception of that needed for medical purposes), seats, tables and any other form of furniture.
- On Sunday 17 June the same restrictions will apply apart from food, drink, seats and furniture which will be allowed as it is a picnic style event.
Preparing for our search procedures
It's really simple.
- Finish up any food and drink before you enter the castle as you’re not allowed to take these in with you.
- Head to the castle main entrance, present your ticket to the steward and join one of the queues.
- The bag search lanes are clearly indicated.
- Please present yourself to one of our Search Stewards with your coat open (if you are wearing one) and be prepared for a body search and to answer any questions that you may be asked.
- Once through the search procedure you will be able to enter the venue.